Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The art of the rhyme

i was recently inspired by a friend of mine to explore the lyricist in me. i knew she was there, i just didn't exactly know how to bring her out. i was given a marble notebook, which is a classic representation of an emcee, and decided to just put the pen to the paper and let anything come out. i'm posting this not for judgement, but to share with you my release. feel free to comment.

i just want to note that these are strictly fiction, i tried not to exclude or include anything specific, i hope you can appreciate it on an abstract level

the surface seems so simple
no associations or symbols
comparisons like a coin spins
like a clock works, too many words
like that hit from the bong
my lips are numb like i rubbed coke on my teeth
can't sleep
i gotta run to get weak
the beats
its like the hands of time
let the days roll by like the sun and my rhyme
the streets 
i pray for NY my soul to keep
how deep
let the tears drop, make it hip-hop
run upstairs scream it from the rooftop
try to decipher the code
can't cause you know i be flippin the mode
i speak
the words go round and round
let the days roll by like my mic and the sound
my feet
walk miles all the while
my sheet
fills with lines of the times
i creep
like catwoman my claws in your back so deep
you're weak
pull back let the blood pour out
let the days roll by like the rain and the drought
i keep
my love closed until the right time comes
trust me you'll know
i'll peep
make you take off your shades
show me you're brave
i weep
can't catch a case
i wish you would chase
let the days roll by like the wind on my face...


No comments:

Post a Comment