Monday, October 5, 2009

DA ART OF STORYTELLING


now while many emcees try to master the art of storytelling, i can only think of one person who was a damn master...SLICK RICK of course! this dude was the king of storytelling, so i decided to explore my own story...i dont ask you to understand it or even like it, i just ask that you listen to my story...

So indecisive, clouded my life is
ended a chapter, the words i'll miss
page 3080 i bump the speakers and ride
my rearview mirrors, i cant even figure
out the corner of my eye my mind replies,
"how do i look back and drive at the same time?"
my recent experience so unkind
i try and swallow what pride i have left
and know that a sane life is one with no regrets
fuck a mid-life crisis, who said 50
is the only time in life i can be iffy
take is to '04, i already OD'd and widthdrew
how many 17 year olds you know been through
not being able to put the money in the account
thought you was my friend? oh no a miscount
it comes with the job, either get arrested or robbed
oh? and those regrets i was talkin about
yeah i got one
i would have taken the hit and let you run
all i know is i'm the only one who 'fessed
now both our worlds are a mess
i hated Mary Jane, that bitch betrayed me
no longer were my days high and carefree
like the drugs, the money was addicting
i knew i shouldnt, but one more 20 wont hurt
i had to stop, step out of my zone of comfort
i think now i would never quit
but my p.o. stayed watchin me piss
8 months i went, then she called my name
she said "Tashy tash, can you come out to play?"
followed by, "i know you didnt forget..."
i said "what to roll the blunt i gotta get it wet?"
of course i remember, break it up, i got the dutch
here i go in the old routine smoking joints and such
now i'm back in, i dont feel its a sin
if anything it was something my life was missin
but back to the story, i needed to prove myself
do it alone, so i can lose myself
i applied, got in, and there were no more questions
NY was my destination
days pass, the questions arise, was it the end of my rhyme?
have i been defeated? NY i feel cheated
this tunnel so dark, eyes cant adjust
another date with NY is a must
i forgave him, granted him another chance
knew i wanted him to be my man
i took a bite of the big apple
fell into a deep trance, i was romanced
he asked with a hand, "Would you like to dance?"
i stressed the "yes" and took a deep breath
"This is a high you will never forget"
pop & lock, two-step, laugh till we cry
"Oh you gotta man?"...."Yeah, i'm in love with NY"
now 3 years later things couldnt be greater
school work done now i gotta chase that paper....

No comments:

Post a Comment