Monday, October 5, 2009

DEAR HIP-HOP

i always knew that when i started writing and rhyming that i would definitely have to do a "Dear Hip-Hop" track. its only right to give back to your inspiration, and with that said, here is my letter to Hip-Hop...

Dear Hip-Hop, 

Lyrically you reach the epitome
of what it means to be
to be incredibly
physically strong, to handle
all these songs
speaking the epiphanies 
too much of it is real to me
O coward conscience?
How dost thou afflict me?
Dear Hip-Hop, 
how did u claim me?
years later you tamed me
made me
the person i am
the person i wanna be
the compositions understand
why i smoke tree
why i wanna be alone
and when i wanna bone
when i need it to stop
or wish is was faster
all the punchlines followed by giggles and laughter
all the flows so sick someone call me a pasteur
i think ive died and gone to heaven
oh no its only the 7th 
bar
homie i was just chillin, drinkin
i was gon get right back
can't wait till you ask for me on the track
make some beautiful music of my own
oh Hip-Hop, why did you give me a home?
let me roam, i'm never alone
with these buds in my ear
nothing i fear, clouds left, now its clear
i know 2009 gon be my year

No comments:

Post a Comment